At work we have to use a proxy which requires authorization. With previous versions (firefox 3.0.x and 3.5.y for each valid x and y) I had the problem that each tab requested to enter the master password when starting firefox, to be able to fill in the proxy-auth data (shortcut: fill in only the first request, and for all others just hit return/OK). So for each tab I had to do something for the master-password, and after that for each tab I also had to confirm the proxy-auth stuff.
Very annoying! Oh, I should maybe mention that as of this writing I have 31 tabs open. Sometimes there are more, sometimes there are less.
Now with firefox 3.6 this is not the case anymore. Yeah! Great! Finally only one time the master password stuff, and then one time the proxy-auth stuff, and then all tabs proceed.
It took a long time since my first report about this, but now it is finally there. This is the best improvement in 3.6 for me.
I committed my patch for tools/kerneldoc/subsys. Except for not generating the PDF part, this is now the same config which I use to generate the online version. While writing the commit log I noticed that I did more changes than I thought…
So anyone who wants to generate the Doxygen docs of some FreeBSD kernel subsystems on his own, can do it now. Adding more subsystems is easy, just make a copy of one the the existing Doxyfile-* files – keep the same naming scheme – and change the contents. Everything else is handled automatically.
I also added a link to the FreeBSD wiki. It is not at a prominent place (near the end of the main page), but at least someone can find the link to the my FreeBSD-doxygen page there.
The package dependency speedup was committed by portmgr, unfortunately it was not the latest version of it. The most recent version is scheduled for an experimental ports build run (my patch also contains the possibility to switch of the registration of implicit dependencies, if enabled it gives a much better picture regarding which port needs to be rebuild (portrevision bump) in case a dependency changes).
Patches for speeding up “make clean” are also scheduled for an experimental ports build run. The pkg_create patch was also committed to -current.
With all those stuff an update is much faster now, at least for those ports where the compile/build time was much lower than the infrastructure processing (I doubt you will see a significant change in a build of OO 😉 ).
Shaun had some unrelated software problems so he wasn’t able to do the paperwork requested by Real. Those problems seem to be fixed and he expects to get some time to do the paperwork “soon”. Real is looking forward to this as the FreeBSD build is much better now.
Today I removed the LINUX stuff from GENERIC on amd64 (this syncs with i386). Now that kib@ committed the kernel linker stuff the linux module is usable on amd64 too. This allows for more easy testing/patching on amd64 and also allows on-demand-loading like on i386.