I had a look at some USB PRs and wrote a list of those with patches to Warner (as he is working on USB stuff currently). I also categorized them (easy, not easy, maybe already fixed, …). The easy ones he handled already, for the rest I don’t know his current plans.
Regarding linuxulator stuff I’m working on a MFC patch (no TLS, no futexes). As I don’t have a -stable box I need some help testing it before I can commit it. I only compile tested this on ‑current with the new gcc 4.2. What I need is:
- testing on i386, amd64 (if I forgot something, it may panic your system)
- “make universe” test (you have to grep all the logs for “Error 1” and investigate the error if there’s one)
- LTP test run, see the wiki for more (best would be a diff of the logs in the result directory of no-patch/patch runs)
- normal linux application use-tests
What the patch provides is:
- mmap fixes
- fix memleaks
- add mprotect/iopl/lstat/ftruncate/statfs64/timer_*/mq_*
- more errno value mapping
- don’t limit number of syscalls to 255
- allow to exec libs
- ioctl TIOCGPTN
- handle more socket options
- add dummy syscalls so that we know what is needed (reports from users)
- linprocfs enhancements
I did spend the weekend with various test of the linuxolator.
First testing the remaining patches from the SoC from Roman with realplayer and acroread. The patches changed nothing in the tests, but they fixed some bugs nevertless.
After that I committed some stuff from submissions (aio from Intron and SO_PEERCRED from Marcin Cieslak) to p4 (available as diffs, follow the URL below).
The remaining time was spend with the Linux Test Project testsuite (this stuff is great to have, anyone out there with interest in adopting the tests for our regression test suite?). The result can be seen at the wiki. There I listed which tests pass and which fail, list some open PRs with comments and there’s a TODO list. Marcin already fixed a bug which resulted in a lot of failures but only because it affected the cleanup phase of a lot of tests (the current list reflects the status with his patch applied to current).
Interested parties are welcome to help out with fixing/categorizing the real failures.
Not much happened in the last days. I talked with my SoC 2006 students and helped them a little bit with knowledge and testing. I also did commit some fixes for the envy24 driver to current.
ATM I have some holidays. So I think I should get some more time do to some stuff in FreeBSD… at least when it stays rainy and I’m able to find some new furniture for the living room soon (either it’s comfortable, or it does look good; in case it is comfortable and does look good, it’s either not available in the configuration you want, or it is at least 3 times more expensive than you are willing to spend… sigh).
On my TODO list is to commit is “sade”, the break out of the fdisk and disklabel editor in sysinstall. I have patches for this, but need to fix-up a little part before I can commit it. After that sysinstall can be replaced with something else, and we still have the nice curses frontend for disk partitioning available. Another TODO item is to give a lower priority to the emu10k1 driver, so that the emu10kx driver has precedence in all cases. And there are some easy patches in some PRs I want to deal with.