Some fix­es for the lin­ux­o­la­tor after test­ing by users

After the call for pub­lic test­ing we got some reports about LORs and a pan­ic. This hap­pened after an exten­sive par­al­lel com­pil­ing ses­sion of lin­ux stuff on a SMP sys­tem for sev­er­al hours. Roman redid some of the lock­ing and the fix­es are in the tree. Inter­me­di­ate patch­es already showed promis­ing results. We’re wait­ing for the test of the com­mit­ted solu­tion now.

Yes­ter­day we also got reports about seg­faults with lin­ux Java 5 and 6. This is under inves­ti­ga­tion (any debug­ging help would be appre­ci­at­ed, Java is a large beast).

I also noticed that we don’t have the results of a LTP run of a native Lin­ux sys­tem in the wiki. It would be very nice to have this, as it would allow us to see bro­ken test cas­es (Roman thinks the ope­nat tests are flawed) or at least we see where it does­n’t mat­ter much that we don’t PASS.

Send to Kin­dle