In the last week I fixed some stuff in the linuxulator-MFC patch. It should now compile on amd64 and i386 without problems (at least the code which I have locally). There’s one (strange) panic report which I want to analyze and fix (if it is linuxulator related) with Roman before I update the patch on my site.
After the call for public testing we got some reports about LORs and a panic. This happened after an extensive parallel compiling session of linux stuff on a SMP system for several hours. Roman redid some of the locking and the fixes are in the tree. Intermediate patches already showed promising results. We’re waiting for the test of the committed solution now.
I also noticed that we don’t have the results of a LTP run of a native Linux system in the wiki. It would be very nice to have this, as it would allow us to see broken test cases (Roman thinks the openat tests are flawed) or at least we see where it doesn’t matter much that we don’t PASS.
I committed most of Romans work in the linuxolator to current. The new syscalls aren’t used until you run
to switch back (after exiting all linux programs) you just have to run
But you have to do this on i386. Amd64 support is not complete (and besides this, amd64 is still broken and nobody provided the neccessary debugging info to jhb@).
There are some known problems with osrelease=2.6.16, e.g., problems with futexes (visible in acroread, realplay and skype), but some programs already run without obvious problems (linux-firefox, linux-opera).
Any reports about new problems to netchild@ and rdivacky@ please. Reviews, debugging info and patches are welcome too.
Wow, some of the TODO items in the last post are done:
- emu10k1 lower priority on attach (allows emu10kx to attach when loaded too)
- sade committed (and code improved)
And I did some more things:
- emu10kx fixes (submitted by Yuriy)
- enhancement of the bsd to linux errno mapping (submitted by “Intron”)
- added some more files to ObsoleteFiles.inc (submitted by kris@)
- had a look at linux_kdump and determined that we should update it with what we have in -current