I had a look at the open PR’s for a quick-win and found one where the dependencies where incomplete. Fixed.
Then I reviewed Alan Jude’s patch for 64bit linux_base-c6 ports (on amd64). Looks good so far. Just a few minor issues. I took the time to get familiar with reviews.FreeBSD.org and the arc command line tool, applied the patch to my source tree, worked a while on merge-conflicts, added some minor changes, and validated the download of the 32bit RPM’s of the linux_base-c6 port.
In between I also discussed/reviewed some fixes for docs with Dru, signed some PGP keys, and served as a source for a funny picture (at least what geeks/nerds consider a funny picture). I also checked how to allow multi-cast in jails. There is a PR with a patch inside, but it’s IPv6 only. I did something similar for IPv4 and compiled a kernel. No compile time issues, but as the system where I can easily test this is at home, I prefer to be in front of the box in case it panics (that tells something about my confidence level of my patch… no idea if what I do there is actually correct… ENOCLUE about the network code in the kernel).
TODO for the last day of the Hackathon:
- validate all RPM’s (download / distinfo) of the ports which changed
- validate the install/deinstall of the 32bit version of the ports for regression
- validate the 64bit install/deinstall for at least the linux base port (more if time permits tomorrow)