Lin­ux­u­la­tor progress

This week­end I made some progress in the lin­ux­u­la­tor:

  • I MFCed the report­ing of some linux-syscalls to 9‑stable and 8‑stable.
  • I updat­ed my lin­ux­u­la­tor-dtrace patch to a recent ‑cur­rent. I already com­piled it on i386 and arundel@ has it com­piled on amd64. I count­ed more than 500 new DTrace probes. Now that DTrace res­cans for SDT probes when a ker­nel mod­ule is loaded, there is no ker­nel pan­ic any­more when the lin­ux mod­ule is loaded after the DTrace mod­ules and you want to use DTrace. I try to com­mit this at a morn­ing of a day where I can fix things dur­ing the day in case some prob­lems show up which I did not notice dur­ing my test­ing.
  • I cre­at­ed a PR for portmgr@ to repocopy a new linux_base port.
  • I set the expi­ra­tion date of linux_base-fc4 (only used by 7.x and upstream way past its EoL) and all depen­dent ports. It is set to the EoL of the last 7.x release, which can not use a lat­er linux_base port. I also added a com­ment which explains that the date is the EoL of the last 7.x release.
Send to Kin­dle

5 thoughts on “Lin­ux­u­la­tor progress”

  1. Pingback: Miscelaneous News Links: auditdistd, Xorg, Linuxulator, OpenSSH | FreeBSD News
    1. No, I do not know the sta­tus of the 64bit ver­sion of the lin­ux­u­la­tor. There should­n’t be that much changes since then in the lin­ux­u­la­tor, so any­one with inter­est to con­tin­ue his work, would­n’t need to start from scratch, I think.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.