WP Update Message: allows to put a “posting updated: XXX changed”-box into your postings
Delete Spam Daily: not activated yet, as I did not get any SPAM yet, I can not make a controlled test, so I wait
Hello Dolly: plugin comes with WP-core, not activated
Login LockDown: not activated, I will delete it soon, as I like the “Limit Login Attempts”-plugin more
One-Time Password: does not work out of the box for me, it looks like it does not find php-otp (it is not installed, and I need to have a look if it comes with php-otp included and iit s not found, or if I have to install it)
The update to 188.8.131.52 went fine. No major problems encountered. So far we did not see any regressions. The complete system feels a little bit more stable (no restarts necessary so far, before some where necessary from time to time). We still have to test all our problem cases:
restart NW-server directly after deleting a client with index entries (manual copy of /nsr needed before, in case the mediadb corruption bug is not fixed as promised)
shutdown a storage node to test if the NW-server still crashes in this case
start with an empty mediadb but populated clients (empty /nsr/mm, but untouched /nsr/res) and scan some tapes to check if “shadow clients” (my term for clients which have the same client ID but get newly created during the scanning with a new client ID and a name of “~<original-name>-<number>”) still get created instead of populating the index of the correct client
The first two ones are supposed to be fixed, the last one is maybe not fixed.
Not fixed (according to the support) is the problem of needing a restart of the NW-server when moving a tape library from one storage node to another storage node. It also seems that our problem with the manual cloning of save sets is not solved. There are still some clone processes which do not get out of the “server busy” loop, no matter how idle the NW-server is. In this case it can be seen that nsrclone is waiting in nanosleep (use pstack or dtrace to see it). The strange thing is, that a safe set which is “failing” with such behavior will always cause this behavior. We need to have a deeper look to see if we find similarities between such safe sets and differences to safe sets which can be cloned without problems.
Every night/morning (German timezone) the sources will be updated, and the docs get regenerated (this takes some time). Currently this depends upon some patches to the makefile and doxygenconfig files in tools/kerneldoc/subsys. Everything is generated directly in the place where the webserver will look for to deliver the pages, so if you browse this in the middle of the generation, the content may not be consistent (yet).
Please be nice to the webserver and do not mirror this. You can generate this yourself very easy. Assuming you have the FreeBSDsource on a local hard disk, you just need to download the patch from http://www.Leidinger.net/FreeBSD/current-patches/ (if you do not find dox.diff, update your FreeBSD sources and everything will be OK), apply the patch, cd into tools/kerneldoc/subsys and run “make all” (or “make vm” or whatever you are interested in). You need doxygen installed, off course.
If you want to setup something like this yourself, just download the script which is doing all the work, change some variables in the beginning, and create your own local version of the complete docs.
In case this is using significant traffic, I will ask core/admins if there is the possibility to host it on FreeBSD.org resources.