Alexander Leidinger

Just another weblog

Apr
01

Com­pil­ing Samba 3.5.8 with AD sup­port on Solaris 10 u8

If some­one needs a samba which is able to com­mu­ni­cate with an AD 2008 server on a Solaris 10 sys­tem… here is how I did it.

Pre­req­ui­sites

  • /opt/SUNWspro con­tains the Stu­dio 12 compiler
  • tar­balls of openl­dap–sta­ble–20100719 (2.4.23), heimdal-1.4, samba-3.5.8
  • export PATH=/opt/SUNWspro/bin:/usr/xpg6/bin:/usr/xpg4/bin:/usr/perl5/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/openwin/bin:/bin:/usr/sfw/bin:/usr/sfw/sbin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/sadm/admin/bin:/usr/sadm/bin:/usr/java/jre/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/ucb CC=cc CXX=CC
  • DEST=/path/to/final/location

Com­pil­ing everything

openldap-stable-20100719 (2.4.23)

export CPPFLAGS=”-I/usr/sfw/include” LDFLAGS=”-L/usr/sfw/lib –R/usr/sfw/lib“
./configure –pre­fix=$DEST/openldap-2.4.23 –disable-slapd
make depend
make install

heimdal-1.4

./configure –prefix=$DEST/heimdal-1.4 –with-openldap=$DEST/openldap-2.4.23 –with-hdbdir=$DEST/heimdal-instance/var/heimdal –sysconfdir=$DEST/heimdal-instance/etc
cd lib/hcrypto/libtommath

Unfor­tu­nately heimdal-1.4 does not con­tain all the files you need. As of this writ­ing (if you try to do this a lot later, you may get more recent ver­sions which may or may not work with heim­dal 1.4) I was able to down­load them from

cd ../../..
make
make install
mkdir –p $DEST/heimdal-instance/var/heimdal $DEST/heimdal-instance/etc

samba-3.5.8

export CPPFLAGS=”-I$DEST/openldap-2.4.23/include” LDFLAGS=”-L$DEST/openldap-2.4.23/lib –R$DEST/openldap-2.4.23/lib –R$DEST/samba-3.5.8/lib –R$DEST/heimdal-1.4/lib“
./configure –prefix=$DEST/samba-3.5.8 –sysconfdir=$DEST/samba-instance/etc –localstatedir=$DEST/samba-instance/var –with-privatedir=$DEST/samba-instance/private –with-lockdir=$DEST/samba-instance/var/locks –with-statedir=$DEST/samba-instance/var/locks –with-cachedir=$DEST/samba-instance/var/locks –with-piddir=$DEST/samba-instance/var/locks –with-ncalrpcdir=$DEST/samba-instance/var/ncalrpc –with-configdir=$DEST/samba-instance/con­fig –with-ldap –with-krb5=$DEST/heimdal-1.4 –with-ads –with-quotas –with-aio-support –with-shared-modules=vfs_zfsacl
gmake
gmake install

After that you have a samba in $DEST/samba-3.5.8, the con­fig for it should be put into $DEST/samba-instance/config and if you need to have a cus­tom krb4.conf you can put it int $DEST/heimdal-instance/etc/.

GD Star Rat­ing
load­ing…
GD Star Rat­ing
load­ing…
Share

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,
Oct
19

On the way to solve the CUPS problem

I opened a bug report for the prob­lem (have a look at the related posts below) and got the response that it is a prob­lem in pstoraster. This means it is a prob­lem in ghost­script, not in CUPS.

So I had a look at pstoraster and seen that CUPS_FONTPATH is added to GS_LIB. The­o­ret­i­cally it should solve my issue when I set CUPS_FONTPATH, but this assumes I can do it with­out CUPS dis­card­ing my settings.

Unfor­tu­nately this assump­tion is not true. I tried it and I still see the same behav­ior as before.

GD Star Rat­ing
load­ing…
GD Star Rat­ing
load­ing…
Share

Tags: , , ,
Oct
12

More prob­lems with CUPS (pass­ing env variables)

Sat­ur­day I had to print a post­script file. The file was gen­er­ated out of a tem­plate which I wrote myself by hand sev­eral years ago. There I use a non-standard PS font which can not be changed. The font is not embed­ded, and I can print it via ghost­script by telling it the loca­tion where the font files are located (export GS_LIB=/path/to/dir1/path/to/dir2). Now that I switched to use CUPS as my printserver soft­ware, I had to teach it to set this for the call to gs (via foomatic). Unfor­tu­nately I failed to get it work­ing via the CUPS con­fig.

I added “SetEnv GS_LIB /path/to/dir1:/path/to/dir2” to cups.conf and restarted CUPS. This did not work. I added “PassEnv GS_LIB” to cups.conf, added an appro­pri­ate export of GS_LIB to /etc/rc.conf (just to make sure… I still had the SetEnv in cups.conf) and restarted CUPS. This did not work either.

As I just wanted to print out some­thing and did not want to spend my time debug­ging this, I put a workaround into place: I moved gsc to gsc.bin and cre­ated a lit­tle shell script as gsc which sets the vari­able and starts gsc.bin.

At the next update of ghost­script this will break my print­ing (if I for­get that I have this workaround in place), so I should try to get some time to fix this. Maybe I can fix this by adding “env GS_LIB=…” to the call of gs in the ppd, but this seems more like another workaround to me, than a real fix.

GD Star Rat­ing
load­ing…
GD Star Rat­ing
load­ing…
Share

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,