Alexander Leidinger

Just another weblog

Jan
07

I merged a lot of ZFS patches to 7-stable

Dur­ing the last weeks I iden­ti­fied 64 patches for ZFS which are in 8–sta­ble but not in 7-stable. For 56 of them I had a deeper look and most of them are com­mited now to 7-stable. The ones of those 56 which I did not com­mit are not applic­a­ble to 7-stable (infra­struc­ture dif­fer­ences between 8 and 7).

Unfor­tu­nately this did not solve the sta­bil­ity prob­lems I have on a 7–sta­ble sys­tem.

I also com­mit­ted a diff reduc­tion (between 8-stable and 7-stable) patch which also fixed some not so harm­less mis­merges (mem-leak and ini­tial­iz­ing the same mutex twice at dif­fer­ent places). No idea yet if it helps in my case.

I also want to merge the new arc reclaim logic from head to 8-stable and 7-stable. Maybe I can do this tomorrow.

Cur­rently I run a test with a ker­nel where the shared locks for ZFS are switched to exclu­sive locks.

GD Star Rat­ing
load­ing…
GD Star Rat­ing
load­ing…

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

3 Responses to “I merged a lot of ZFS patches to 7-stable”

  1. Some fixes for ZFS on 7-stable (more testers wanted) « The Daily BSD Says:

    […] I merged a lot of ZFS patches to 7-stable […]

  2. Stability problems solved (hardware problem) « The Daily BSD Says:

    […] I merged a lot of ZFS patches to 7-stable […]

  3. Quick news and links | FreeBSD - the unknown Giant Says:

    […] has made a lot of ZFS patches for FreeBSD […]

Leave a Reply